Sanctuary cities have traditionally provided just that–sanctuary–to immigrants despite status, unless they have been convicted of a criminal offense.
- Please note that ICE cannot enter your home without a warrant. And getting a warrant is tough. What they can do? Say they are police officers; most people will assume it’s their local police and open the door. Ask to see the police badge. http://lat.ms/2m15caw
- Also, beware of scammers posing as ICE officials and demanding money to avoid deportation. See the government’s fraud alert.
- Trump signed an Executive Order to list crimes committed by immigrants on a daily basis. See list at: https://www.ice.gov/news/all
- See Executive Order at: http://bit.ly/2jybzNG
- Excerpt from Order: “To better inform the public regarding the public safety threats associated with sanctuary jurisdictions, the Secretary shall utilize the Declined Detainer Outcome Report or its equivalent and, on a weekly basis, make public a comprehensive list of criminal actions committed by aliens and any jurisdiction that ignored or otherwise failed to honor any detainers with respect to such aliens.”
- Worthy read below: